If you are building any type of system that interacts with the web, or have an idea for a mobile app, then I can help you achieve your vision. Development can be done on a fixed-fee or hourly/daily rate from your company's offices or remotely. See below for ways to get in touch, or just email adam dot forsythecheasley at gmail dot com.
Skills & Experience
- Python web frameworks including Django, Zope, Pyramid and Flask.
- Experience deploying/configuring servers on Amazon EC2/Elasticbeanstalk, Rackspace, Heroku.
- I've written Ansible pipelines or Docker containers for repeatable deployments.
- Postgres, ZODB (Python object store or ’NOSQL’), MySQL and MSSQL.
- If the project requires a CMS, I have extensive experience with Plone and I’m a core contributor. I also have experience with Kotti and Wordpress.
- I prefer to develop using TDD and I’ve experience with unittest, py.test, Selenium and Jasmine.
- On the frontend I use either Angular or React (I prefer React). CSS via SASS and HTML5.
- I’m at home with scrum, agile and extreme programming.
For more information, you can checkout my CV.
- Developed an award winning e-mentoring platform, built with Python and backed by ZODB and MySQL. This system was scaled up to handle over 80,000 monthly active users.
- Designed and built an HTTP API for a large scale ecommerce site. The API was built using Django REST Framwork.
- Technical lead on the “self-service” exchanging system for Prezola.com. This enabled end users to exchange gifts for credit, massively reducing strain on the customer service department.
- Worked as part of the team which designed and built the intraCORE intranet CMS.
- Contributed to the design and build of Plone Intranet's groups/workspace functionality. As part of this, I made many contributions to collective.workspace.
- Designed and built a search application for a complex dataset, backed by ElasticSearch.
- Core contributor to the open source CMS Plone, including major contributions to plone.api.
- Integrated mobile apps with web backends, to provide a full app ecosystem.
The slides from my talk given with Matthew Sital-Singh, “Relstorage for mere mortals” at Plone Conf,
can be found here.
Active Personal Projects
Most of my active projects can be viewed and downloaded via my github account:
It’s all open source so feel free to take anything you need.
Past Personal Projects
I would love to speak to you! The best way to get hold of me is via email;
adam dot forsythecheasley at gmail dot com. You can also find me through the following networks: